Careers at AgroThrive, Inc.
We’re headquartered in Gonzales, CA but our openings are throughout the United States. If you share the belief that the future of agriculture lies in reducing reliance on chemical and synthetic fertilizers while increasing organic inputs for improved tilth and soil health we have opportunities for you. Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Bulk Sales – Organic Fertilizers
Location: TBD Department: Sales Type: Full Time Reports To: CEO
Position – A full time career opportunity is available to conduct bulk sales and marketing of AgroThrive organic fertilizers and soil amendments to both conventional and certified organic growers and their suppliers in California and beyond.
Company – AgroThrive, Inc. is a manufacturer of liquid organic fertilizers and soil amendments, located in Gonzales, California. Our products are used by both certified organic and conventional growers of row crops, nursery stock, leafy greens, berries, grape vines, fruit and nut trees, and other agricultural commodities. Our proprietary manufacturing process produces highly digested, fast acting, pathogen-free, fertilizers and soil amendments that are delivered to customers under strict food safety rules. Growth in organic agriculture has been significant and our company is experiencing substantial growth. We are looking for a quick-starter to join our rapidly growing sales and marketing team.
Candidate – The ideal candidate has a college degree in Agriculture, Marketing, or related fields with minimum of 3 years of sales and marketing experience in organic fertilizers and soil amendments. The candidate will be well-organized, highly motivated, and a self-starter, with high integrity and individual drive and motivation to succeed. He/she is expected to travel as necessary. Experience in organic fertilizer sales is preferred, but not absolutely necessary. This position reports directly to the CEO.
Compensation – Base salary and commission are commensurate with the candidate’s experience and professional qualifications. Health insurance benefits, 401K, continuing education, and a performance based employee incentives plan are available after hire. Excellent opportunity for advancement and promotion.
Interested candidates please forward resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax resume to 831-675-2875.
Plant Laborer – Organic Fertilizers
Location: Gonzales, CA Department: Production Type: Full Time Reports To: Production Supervisor
Overall Responsibilities: To be a reliable team member of our organic fertilizer manufacturing team and participate in many aspects of fertilizer production.
Job Requirements: Able to follow clear written and oral instructions; able to perform physical functions such as walking, climbing ladders, lifting/pulling up to 50 lbs., using general shop tools (e.g. wrench, screw driver, hammer, air compressor, paint brush, etc.); able to handle fork lift, Bobcat loader, fish cutter; able to perform preventative maintenance on plant equipment (greasing, oiling, light repairs, etc.). Punctuality and high integrity are particularly important in this position.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Pressure washing fish bins. Using a gas motor operated pressure washer to surface wash between 12 and 22 individual 4’ x 4’ x 2.5’ plastic bins two days per week, usually Mondays and Wednesdays. Each day between 4 and 6 hours of pressure washing.
- Unloading fish bins from the truck using fork lift (ca. 1 hour on Fridays and Tuesdays).
- Washing floor of fish truck using soapy and clean water in pressure washer (1 hour each time).
- Transferring liquefied fish and corn steep liquor from fish liquefier to primary fermenter (ca. 15 minutes after 3-4 bins are ground and liquefied). Includes opening and closing valves.
- Connect 3’’ hoses and other fittings to facilitate liquid transfer and circulation.
- Washing/rinsing hoses after use. Includes holding garden hose with running water on one end of a 3” hose until clean water comes out the other end.
- Sorting fish waste at the conveyer belt pumping materials from storage to digesters.
- Driving Bobcat while stock piling and turning solid fertilizer, AgroThrive TD.
- Moving/connecting pumps & hoses from one storage tank to facilitate content circulation.
- Sweeping various sections of the production plant with a broom or push-brush.
- Hosing down concrete pads to wash away spilled organic materials.
- Pumping liquid from collection sumps to moving pumps with fork lift or 2-wheel hand cart.
- Pressure washing and disinfecting storage tanks and delivery trucks
- Building sheds, shelves, work benches. Cutting weeds, fixing potholes, watering roads, etc.
- Operating a centrifuge to separate solids from liquid products.
- Operating vibrating screens to filter products, assisting with filling delivery trucks.
- Filling out S.O.P. sheets while harvesting, mixing, or shipping finished product.
Interested individual(s) please forward resume in confidence to email@example.com fax to 831-675-2875.or call 831-675-2853.